Mom spent over 2 hours at the bookshop checking out on books about miscarriage, recurrent miscarriages, dealing with grief, death, guardian angels... and dogs. She ended up getting a few books, including this one. I think it spells bad news for Hershey and I... (more so for Hershey than me though).
Mom will be going for a short holiday to some seaside resort this coming week with her best friend (aka Aunty F). Mom and Aunty F have known each other for 17 years and have been each other's pillar of strength through the ups and downs of their lives. Aunty F had been there for mom and dad when they lost Lucas, and now she's also here for them as they are grieve for Chloe AND Lucas.
Dad will be alone with Hershey for the next 4 days while I will still be spending my time at GrandParent's Day Care.. I can tell that mom is a little worried about leaving Hershey completely in dad's care because while he loves Hershey heaps, he can sometimes get too carried away with his work... like forget to take her out to pee/ poo at the appointed time, (over)feeding her, refilling her water bowl, giving her a treat/ bully stick before he goes to work in the morning...
I think mom is worrying too much but well, being the fillial son, I have suggested that she can use my blog to put down the list of 'To Do' things for dad in case he forgets (Shane: I do admit that I think too much and worry too much at times... is it just me or is there anyone out there who does NOT think I am looney??)
1) Please let Hershey out for her last pee pee before you go to bed
2) Please DO NOT overfeed her while I am away in your attempt to 'beef her up'.. The (burgeoning) size of her **cough** bum **cough** is begining to concern me
3) Please don't forget to refill her water bowl every morning
4) Do try and leave her some treats and bully sticks before you leave the house
Oooh and since I am at it, can I also include just one more thing:-
5) Water my (dying) plants --- Since they aren't officially dead yet, they still need water
6) Please don't forget we have a dinner appointment on Thursday eveing
7) And don't forget that I love you heaps and will be missing you like crazy!!