Followers

Monday, August 25, 2008

Today I am conducting a short lesson on gift-giving. What constitutes a 'good' present and what is a 'bad' present? In my own humble opinion, a 'good' present is something that the receiver will like and truly appreciates, whereas a 'bad' present is something that the receiver will do better without.


Example of a (very) GOOD present ---- from Maggie & Mitch



Thank you so much for the present, Maggie and Mitch!! You guys are the best!! I still can't get enough of the quacking duck and the humans can't stop laughing when they hear me playing with it!

I'd also like to say a big THANK YOU to everypup who came over to wish me Happy Barkday.. I have said it before and I am saying it again, you guys are absolutely the B.E.S.T!


Here's an example of a (terribly) BAD present --- from Papa and mama

I am still hoping that the shop has a 30 day no questions asked return policy... Mama's also up to her eyebrows with Hershey.. The girl's just a bundle of energy, plus the fact that she is teething now, both papa and mama have got 'battle scars' from those evil teefies. Hehehe.. Hopefully this will help to drive my point across!

Actually the humans have also been kinda worried about Hershey cos she's showing signs of having kennel cough and it has kept them up for the past couple 2 nights. As the vet is not open on weekends, they are only bringing her to the vet tonight. Hopefully the lil' skunk will get well soon.

Mama's developed a sore throat and cough over the last weekend.. I think it's because she's been overworking her laryx by yelling 'Nooooo... Hershey', 'Baaaaaaad Hershey', etc (or do you think she's caught the kennel cough from Hershey??). To her credit, Hershey's been a pretty smart pup. She's been paper-trained in less than 10 days since she arrived in our house and already knows some basic commands like 'Sit', 'Down', and when you say 'Paw', she'll offer you her paw for a 'paw shake'.

Ok back to me, just look at cute lil' innocent me below. I was such a pawfect pup who did not have any nipping problems even when I was teething (**embarassed laugh**... please ignore the crooked teefies though) and I was contented just cuddling up on mama's lap or lying by their feet when they were watching TV.

Huskee's mom: I can't believe my 'puppy' is 9 years old now. I have had the priviledge of sharing the past 8 years and 9 months of his life with him and I hope we will have more years together. He shares a loving bond and close relationship with everyone in my immediate family, and I'd like to think that Huskee is a happy and contented dog. He has the unconditional love of his papa, my sister (aka 'The Maid' - this nickname came about because she really does soooo many things for him and loves him just as much, if not even more, than I do) as well as my parents. To a certain extent, you can even say that we have 'spoiled' him rotten, but to anyone who say that to me, my reply will be 'My dog's not spoiled, I'm just well-trained'.

So to my 'puppy', --- Wishing you a Happiest Barkday and may we spend many more happy years together.

27 comments:

Moco said...

We also are hoping that you have many wonderful years with Huskee Boy.
Stay away from those baby teeth.

Peanut said...

Huskee I think your teeth look just like mine. Sorry the bad present isn't feeling well. Hopefully she feels better soon.

Amber said...

Hey there Huskee, Hershey is too cute! now you have a play mate, that's not that bad. We all hope to have many many more birthdays to come.

~Amber~

Asta said...

Huskee
I hope you and youw family have many many mowe happy yeaws togethew..cleawluy , you have always been a pawfect pup..and soo handsome!!!!
I hope you get to love youw little skunk..sooo cute, and I think quite smawt
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Deetz said...

lol....I thought it was great you got to say an HBO word on my comment section...My mum even read it out loud, all of it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE....I didn't know it was your birthday until just now.
Will skunkee still fit in a box? I would hurry and box him up and send skunkee to me before he can chew threw the box and escape or something? I bet your pawents don't let you out of their site..we will have to come up with another plan to get skunkee from your house to mine
Deetzy

Pedro said...

Huskee,

I bet before you know it you will think Hershey is the BEST present you ever got!!!

Pedro

the many Bs said...

hi Huskee, we think your presents are both good. you will enjoy having a little sissy once she settles down a little bit, right?! we hope she doesn't have kennel cough though. if she does, it may be another "bad" gift for you, darnit.

we hope the two of you have a lot of happy years together.

woofs

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Huskee, give Hershey some time...she'll come around, and soon you'll be best buddies...just like Kenji and I. I didn't like him at first too, but now we play a lot together...=) Hope Hershey is feeling better now! And here's to you and your family having many many happy and fun years together!

Scottie

Ben & Darling said...

Huskee, you are sooooooooo right in the good & bad pressie. You should be lucky to have only one bad gift, I GOT 3 BAD GIFTS!!!!!!!!

Poor Hershey, I hope she get well soon and poor your mama too, will you bring her to the vet too??

slurpy licks,
BenBen

Joe Stains said...

We hope for many years with Huskee also. I think Hershey might keep him young, unless she is a Doofus, then LOOKOUT!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Huskee!
You got very nice presents... from Maggie and Mitch and from your mom and dad too!
I hope your sis feels better soon!
Sure we will celebrate many more of your birthdays!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Urban Smoothie Read said...

happy belated barkday, huskee...

i'm sure u had grown into a wise puppy...

i said...

We're wishing you many wonderful years ahead too with your family.

Thanks for the lessons. It's very helpful. But Hershey's such a sweet little pup. Wouldn't she be a good present?

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Huskeee....... Happy Belated Birthday to you.. Sorry for the late wishes.. I'm busy with a newbie these days too.

I hope Hershy and your mom are better now. Beware of those teefies..

~ Girl girl

Par said...

Huskee a special one.
New puppie always so cute but alot of work..hehehe
My sis got a new puppy, I really want a second one but I'll wait.

Myeo said...

Oh no, we hope your mom is feeling better now. How about Hershey? What did the vet say?

Love
Boy n Baby

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Those are good examples of good and bad presents. Hershey is very cute, you know!
--JB

Deefor said...

Hi Huskee
Hershey is cute but not a good present at all. I know. I got Arrow to play with!!! A live toy! But you'll get Hershey trained to do what you want just like you trained your humans. Don't worry.

I hope Hershey and your mom feels better.

Deefor

well this sucks said...

Ah, a duck toy!
Elmo just had a post about his first duck toy! :)

-Dana&Elmo

Deetz said...

Have you boxed Skunkee yet? I haven't told my mum yet..won't she be so surprised...hehe
Deetzy

Lady Kaos said...

Maggie and Mitch are so nice! Hopefully when Hershey gets through her crazy puppy stage she'll be a great sister!
Hope you had a great birthday!
Kaos

A&S said...

Hi Huskee, glad you had a great barkday! that duck looks pawesome. don't get too close to skunkee so you don't get a cough too. we had kennel cough once. it was not any fun, but we got betterer.

luv,
shiro and akira

Stanley said...

Huskee Boy!

Happy Happy Birthday, you old man puppy you! You don't look a day over 2, if you ask me.

This is pretty sad, but I have a package ready to mail... from your birthday last year. Does THAT tell you how lazy my girl is? I think she lost it in one of her piles of stuff and we're going to dig it out and update it before sending it this time. And, believe me, we are sending it.

So, now you've got yourself a sibling. I've got to read more to see how that happened.

I agree with your mama. You're not spoiled. SHE is just well-trained.

We here in GooberStan are so glad you were born, man!

Goober love & birthday smooches,
Stanley

Boo Casanova said...

huskee! you are one BIG BOY now. can't believe u r 9 years old now. i'm the oldest in the family and i'm also one of its kind. i hardly teething too (except that time where i "accidentally" scratched mom's mobile phone).

wet wet licks

Boo

Simba and Jazzi said...

Do they think a bow on the prison makes it ok?

Simba x

Murphey said...

Happy Barkday, a little late...

Murph

Molly the Airedale said...

We're so glad you love your duckie, Huskee! We picked him out just for you! Mom is still laughing over your example of a bad pressie! hehehehe Poor Hershey!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch