Followers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010


During the Lunar New Year, as a tradition most Chinese families will paste a sticker with the Chinese characters '常满' on the containers which they use to store their rice. '常满' means 'abundance' or the literal translation is 'always full'. Since rice is a staple part of the diet for Chinese, it is important that the rice container is never empty.

Borrowing this concept, I thought it is very important to ensure that the container used to store my kibbles is also kept filled to the brim, so I borrowed one of those stickers from mom and pasted it on my all-important food source. Hopefully my Year of Tiger is off to a roaring good start!



17 comments:

Lorenza said...

You had the best idea!
Sure your food container will never be empty!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Dawn said...

Very clever you are!

Life With Dogs said...

I learned something new today! :)

Lacy said...

w00fs, good idea pups...

b safe,
~rocky~

icelads said...

That is the cutest idea in the year of Tiger :)

Bae Bae said...

Oh.. that is very clever of you. I think I need one for my seed container too

~ Bae

Molly the Airedale said...

That is an excellent idea, Huskee! Happy Chinese New Year!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Dexter said...

Good idea. Running out of kibbles is a bad emergency.

Happy Chinese New Year!

Slobbers,
Mango

My Mind's Eye said...

Great idea...to put the sticker on your food container...you are so very wise. Madi becomes quite anxious when she hears her kibble scoop scrap the bottom of the container. I keep telling her there is more food I'm just not going to fill up the container until the old is all gone. Silly girl that Madi
Madi and Mom

Snowy and Crystal said...

we wuv your pawsome idea

wet licks

S&C

Jans Funny Farm said...

We think that is the best idea! We hope your kibble never runs out.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

What a very smart pup you are!!! Where can we get one of those stickers?:)

Woos, Phantom, Thunder,and Ciara

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Furry khlever!

Happy Year of the Striped Khat to woo!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

DoMoFi said...

We need to get pawrents to stick that on our treats container!!!

Kasha said...

Love it! What a great idea! I hope this year brings an abundance of only good things to you and your sweet family.

Ms. ~K said...

Very smart pup!
Licks and sniffs,
Zack, Sassy and Buddy

Unknown said...

Hi Huskey and Hershey! Hee! Hee! I loved this post - and my human too, as she is Chinese! Very creative of you guys!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane